Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sivaji - The Movie- OMG

Finally, I Did it. I saw Sivaji (Oh yeah, the movie). And I must say, it was unbelievable. Unbelievable in a lot of ways, that someone actually made this movie and also unbelievable because it was a huge success. To state the least, it was the worst 1 hour of my life which I will never get back (Yeah, I cudn't watch the whole movie). I mean, I've watched a lot of stupid movies, but this one tops them all.

My take on this movie is the following - The only reason this movie was/is a success is because of the brand value of Rajini. I was never a fan of Rajini before. And this movie only made it worse. Right from the starting of this shit piece called movie, it amazed me as to how someone even thought of a story like this.

As my cousin rightly put it, Shankar (the director, not my cousin) has prostituted himself for this movie. Shankar has sold himself to the Rajini's popularity and has cashed in his opportunity of a lifetime. He has literally thrown money around like water at every inch of the movie. The first fight sequence on a musical instrument store, the long list of "famous" personalities, absolutely pathetic story line, the extravagant and unwanted movie sets etc etc shows the amount of money that went into this mindless piece of movie. Shankar, as a director, is going from bad to worse with each movie that he is directing.

I can't believe how people after watching this movie say it is good. And What really amazes me is the fact that people have watched this movie over and over again and still say it is good (I've got more than a couple of friends who have said that). I mean, rajini cannot be blames for this. The people are to be blamed. Rajini being a shrewed business man, has earned crores of rupees for his appearance (Oh hell no.. he doesn't act.. Hell. He is not even able to bend down during the dance routines).

I dont want to waste any more of your/ my time on this movie, except for this suggestion:

This is one movie which can be featured as a dare on Fear Factor. Thre finalists being asked to watch this movie in its entirety could be made the final dare. People who watch this must be given a bonus prize because if the get around to watching the whole movie, i feel they will have earned every penny of their prize and more.

No comments: