Sunday, September 30, 2007

It happens only in India (2)

Another month and another post. What started out as daily blogging (for a very few days) has turned out to be a monthly affair now. Initial Excitement was the reason I wrote a blog a day when I started this.

Anyways, Everything has been going good for me so far(Surprisingly!!). I mentioned "so far" because I have a math exam coming up in a couple of days. And another couple of exams the next week. Damn, I miss the vacations now. Oh yea, the grass is always greener on the other side.

BTW.. Interesting developments in India. Karunanidhi (the Tamil Nadu CM) calling Lord Rama a fictious character, the VHP leader Ram Vilas Vedanti offering gold for Karunanidhi's head, Karunanidhi using this to garner sympathy votes etc etc.. The funniest development were over the last two days. This can happen only in India. The government of TN (who are also a part of the central govt) calls for a Bandh. They are protesting against the non-implementation of the sethu samudram project. Isn't it funny? The people who are running the country are calling for bandh because they havent done something. It's like whipping yourself beacause you are not doing something that you can perfectly do.

Anyways, the supreme court of india stepped in and ordered the TN govt not to go ahead with the bandh because its unconstitutional (oh yea it is). And the funniest thing of all happened. Karunanidhi himself calls for the people to fast for a day instead of the bandh and he when asked if he will fast, he replies "If I'm in good health, I'll fast". He doesn't want to fast, but he wants others to fast. Hasn't he ever heard of "Practice before you preach" ?? And believe me, there are millions of idiots who will do it just because Karunanidhi has said so, and believe me the idiots who fast wont know why they are fasting!!

No comments: