Alright. First things first. How many of you guys read the topic and said "OMG. Not another blog on the iPhone"? I'm guessing almost all. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but that's not my kinda phone. Yes, I accept its a (Reaaally) good phone. But, somehow i'm not fascinated by it. Could be because it doesn't have the video capture feature (not that I use that feature everyday, but just saying), could be because it doesn't have the MMS feature (i dont use this too, but..) or could it be because of microsoft exchange support? I rarely use these features (If at all I do), but I'm paying a shitload of cash for that gizmo and I expect these features. The main reason I'm not fasicanted by this is the price and the contract terms with at&t. I dont want to be tied down to a single service provider for 2 years.
I was going to talk about my dream phone, the Nokia E61i. Sure, its been around for a year now. Its not one of the latest phones in the market in terms of features, but somehow this phone captured my eye recently and since then I've been looking to get my hands on it. This phone compares favorably with the iPhone. It has the basic feature set of MMS and Video Capture unlike the iPhone. More than this it has other features that the iPhone doesn't. The E61i has Instant messaging feature unlike the iPhone which allows you to chat but sends each message as an SMS, which will blow a hole in your pocket. It also has VOIP enabled calling and powerpoint presentation viewer. However, I must also admit that it lacks a GPS system, a touch screen (I'm not exactly sure if its an advantage or a disadvantage though) and the iTunes comptibility. Im not a big fan of iTunes. I like it in the MP3 format which will allow me to add songs from different systems to the phone/player. The E61i has a QWERTY keyboard (I hate the touchscreen keyboard in the iPhone).Also, I must mention the look of the E61i. It looks like a business phone unlike an iPhone.
Above all, the real reason why I like this phone is the brand. NOKIA. I simply love it. My first phone was a nokia 6100 and now Im using another nokia model(3230). I'm terribly impressed with the ruggedness of these phones and the user friendliness. I have used (abused rather) each of these two phones for more than a couple of years and they still work fine. You dont have to read the manual to understand how different features work unlike other brands. Believe me, I have used a Sony Ericsson (worked only a lil more than a year and then the battery was dead, the joystick was broken etc.) and my passion towards nokia only increased. I'm definitely going to buy this E61i phone. Waiting for the prices to go down a little lower before I buy.
PS: I'm probably the only guy working at Motorola with a Nokia phone. Wait, no. Another friend of mine has a Nokia phone, but he's working at a different Motorola campus.
No comments:
Post a Comment