If you guys haven’t noticed, I got a set of comments for the movie Veerasamy. For easier reading, Im posting the same set of comments here albeit with a little modification to the layout and also some of my answer/comments to the issues raised. It starts like this
“To Whom so ever it may concern”
Whoa. This sounds serious. This person means business. I’m in trouble now.
“I read your comment about the movie "veeera samy".”
Thank you for doing that. Not many people visit my blog. Now I know that there are three persons other than me reading the crap I write.
“very pessimistic opinions.“
“To Whom so ever it may concern”
Whoa. This sounds serious. This person means business. I’m in trouble now.
“I read your comment about the movie "veeera samy".”
Thank you for doing that. Not many people visit my blog. Now I know that there are three persons other than me reading the crap I write.
“very pessimistic opinions.“
Pessimistic opinions? Hell yea. They are. As I’ve said before, I didn’t write the review. But I posted it because It was in line with my thinking. I am a pessimist. And yes I do look at the glass being half empty and not as half full because when you think in the other way, you should be content with what you get. Im not. I always want more ( too much thathuvam..but please adjust). When you watch this movie, either of the two things can happen (and sometimes both happens). You’d think you’ve watched the worst movie in your life and you go to other movies with a feeling that they can never be as bad as this one. And hence you set ur benchmark. But when you see another one that’s worse than this, you set that as the bench mark and then u’ll feel good about veerasamy. This was the case when I first saw Jay Jay and then I saw King. Those two movies had been the bench mark for me until this thing came up. Now I feel those two movies weren’t really a waste of time!!
“Looks like it was a out and out "T.R." movie. when u go to such movies u shd be aware of the consequences. if u are looking for logic, then u shdn't have stepped inside. the choice was yours, wasn't it? u chose to go and then comment abt almost every scene. tell me wht's the point?”
The film cricitcs are supposed to comment on the movie. Finding fault is their job. I’m trying to be a reviewer here. When people write nice things about a movie, no one says a word. They accept it as it is. Oh no. I wasn’t looking for logic in movies especially TR’s movies. But isn’t a producer/director/actor supposed to know line between what is acceptable and what is not? And I guess they would have seen the movie a couple of times before releasing it. Shouldn’t they have at least realized then that such bullshit is unacceptable (you might say that what is acceptable and what is not is highly relative. But such a load of crap really falls into the unacceptable category)? And yea, I had a choice. Choice between sitting idle and watching the movie. And I made a mistake. To Err is human. To make sure that others don’t make the same error is divine (slight modification. It is alright!!).
“weren't u able to find even a single positive thing to write. “
Let me think. Oh yea. The only positive thing was that there was an intermission in the movie. And the other positive thing is that its already available online. LOL.
“some people brighten the room on entering it. While some others on their exit. Find out to which group u belong.”
Thathuvams Thathuvams. I don’t have an answer to this. But I feel those who brighten the room on entering it are bulbs and those who do it wen they exit are wasting a lot of electricity!!
But basically, the comments on veerasamy were supposed to be a good natured ridicule and also note that they were just opinions. They were not written by Vincent Canby or Alexander Walker, but by jus another ordinary person like you and me. It was supposed to be enjoyed in a light hearted manner.
That’s about it. But before I sign out, I have one thathuvam. “Don’t take life too seriously; otherwise you won’t get out of it alive”. None of the posts in this blog is a serious read. Everything here is meant to be a joke. And its not meant to offend and TR fans!!
1 comment:
Hey You,
Thanks for the immediate response to my comments. I appreciate it. I really enjoyed your joke reg the bulb brightening the room!! Well said. So u learnt something in those four years of ECE. Is it?
But what I don’t appreciate is that u continue to defend your stand, in spite of being warned not to. So here is my reply.
I agree that it is the job of a film critic is to comment on the movie. U can find faults, but PLS PLs soften it a bit by adding a few good things at least as a post script. Remember when u look good for good things in others, it will bring out all good things in u. The only thing u can do behind someone’s back is to pat it!! I hope u know the story of “Indian frogs”. For those of u who don’t know, here it is. Once a man saw three barrels of frogs ready to be exported. All the three barrels were identical. The only difference was that while the first two barrels were tightly shut with only a few tiny holes (to let the air in), the third barrel was kept open. He was told that the first barrel had American frogs and second barrel contained Russian frogs and the third barrel had frogs from India . When he asked the reason as to why the third barrel was kept open while the first two barrels were tightly shut, he got an astounding reply. They said they had to make sure that the frogs didn’t escape by climbing out. So they kept the lid tightly shut in the case of the first two barrels. But in the case of Indian frogs they didn’t have to. The reason? Whenever an Indian frog tried to escape all other frogs would pull it down!!!
By the way I am fully aware that u like to have a good laugh. But make sure it is not at somebody’s cost. Learn to laugh at yourself. That way u will not offend others. Believe me. I too enjoy a good joke. Do u know which one brings a BIG smile to my face? It is none other than “3 for 10 Rs.” he he too good wasn’t it?
And by the way, I am not a TR fan. I am not a fan of anybody. I don’t watch that many movies.
Anyway reg ur ramblings abt cricket, I have nothing to say. My opinion is the same as that of Bernard shaw “eleven fools are playing and eleven thousand fools are watching” he he he
So be good!!!
Post a Comment