Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cup is half full!!

Ok. I have to change my line of thinking from “the Cup being half empty to the cup being half full”. This is because of the comments that I got for the review on the movie Veerasamy. I now realize that the movie was not that bad after all. I also realized that in order to appreciate that movie, I’d have to watch movies that were worse than that. And I did get to see something worse. Not a whole movie but bits and pieces. And that was enough to appreciate TR’s acting. As usual, I was “orkutting” yesterday and I came across a couple of Youtube links on my friend’s scrapbook. And needless to say, those were the most hilarious videos I’ve ever seen. I’m giving you the link here so that you can enjoy the video as much as I did. And btw, u dont have to know Telugu to enjoy the clip. This guy is a true entertainer. He makes you laugh with his actions and not his words!!



The hero here is the Telugu superstar “Balayya”. His awesome movies make us wonder why we have to have a full fledged Army when he can finish of 20 to 30 Pakistani terrorist himself. This is just one of the hundreds of his movie clips available in youtube. This clip is just a 6 min video, I can assure you a whole day of laughter if you watch it. Please watch the clip before you read the rest of this rambling.

The knife in the shoe trick. Wow.. Why didn’t anybody else think of such a gadget? Even James Bond looks like a novice compared to Balayya. I guess the scrip writers were inspired by “Chacha Choudhry” comics. The way they portray his anger by the rise and fall of tides is similar to Sabu’s anger. The only difference is that when Sabu gets angry, a volcano erupts in Jupiter, but here in Balayya’s movies there’s a Tsunami. And the way he tosses the two hapless goons. Waa Re Waa. They end up 6 feet into the floor. Damn. That was good.

Have you ever heard of the saying “Bringing a knife to a gun fight”? This video portrays the saying magnificently. In the course of his fight with the terrorists, he attains the form of Narashimha, Parasurama, Bhagat Singh, and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. I guess this is a trick to capture all audiences right from the dead to the new born. Wow. And guess what? Parasurama who uses a bow and an arrow here get hit by a Bullet. LOL. What creativity. It belied my expectations though. I thought Balayya would release an arrow that would split the bullet into two which would then turn around and kill two terrorist.

And if you thought David Blane was the only guy who could levitate, think again. Balayya is here to show India’s supremacy. Not only does he levitate, he almost flies when he tried to kill one of the villains using an arrow. Wow. I can write for 6 pages commenting on this 6 minute video clip. But lemme wrap up here. Enjoy the video.

No comments: